Every Day White Bread Recipe


For a long time I have wanted to make bread for our family. Meaning NO MORE STORE BOUGHT! But there were a few things standing in the way. 

First was recipe! Oh I have tried dozens - with no exaggeration I've been trying bread recipes for about 8 months! I realised a few things, I like different breads for different occasions. And now have a few different recipes that I use. But to replace our everyday loaf proved difficult. Some the kids loved, others they didn't want to eat and asked for store bought! Fail! 

Second was time. It's easy to buy a few loaves at the supermarket and put them in the freezer, getting them out as needed. But what about when your home made runs out and it's 10pm! Aahhhhh! 

So finally every thing worked out - I worked out a great recipe!!!! And I've worked out that I can bake a loaf every second day - then I don't run out and I don't feel like Im baking bread every day! (Not that it takes long!)

Here is my recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
400 grams of plain flour
300 mls of warm water
2 teaspoons of dry/instantyeast
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pinch of sugar (optional)

METHOD:
In a bowl add - warm water. (Make sure the water isn't too hot. It will kill the yeast), dried yeast, plain flour, pinch of salt, olive oil (helps preserve the bread for longer), and sugar (optional) this helps the yeast to activate.

I put all this into my kenwood mixer and mix for about 2 minutes with the dough hook. But you can knead it by hand - you may need to add a bit more flour as this recipe is a quite sticky dough.

Then I put the dough into my oiled loaf tin and leave it, covered with a clean dry tea towel, till it has doubled in size.

I dont knock it down and let it prove a second time, I find that this recipe is so fuss free you don't need to. 

Place in 200degree Celsius fan forced oven till it's golden brown on top, and sounds hollow when you knock on it. 

Leave it in the tin for another 10 minutes. Turn out and enjoy.

So now we enjoy beautiful fresh bread every day. The kids love it, my husband loves it. And I'm happy as we are not eating all the chemicals and preservatives added to store bought loaves, plus I'm saving so much money! Oh and did I mention the taste, oh the taste!! 

So try it, bake one loaf a week see how your family likes it! 


Comments

Popular Posts