A beautiful day...

Well it feels like an eternity since I've been able to post anything, the weeks are rolling into one at the moment, but today was a warm sunny day spent with the family that reminded me to slow down....so here are a few things I've been up to...

Continuing to make my own laundry liquid.

Perfected ...finally after 6 weeks of trial and error.... Perfected a great sandwich loaf!!! Mmm

I knitted booties!

I have also made a schedule up for house work, it sounds tedious I know but it is as follows:

-Monday : change/wash bedding, vacuum, mop, do a few loads of washing
-Tuesday : iron 4 items, clean bathrooms
-Wednesday : wipe down kitchen cupboard doors, fridge etc, vacuum
-Thursday : washing
-Friday : dust, vacuum, mop if need
-Saturday : free
-Sunday : food shopping, bake a sweet for the week

I'm currently reading 'down to earth' a GREAT book, and Rhonda says "housework doesn't end so don't try and finish it", "if something needs to be done, do it, if it doesn't then don't. If you don't get to it today, do it tomorrow". I loved that, it was almost a lightbulb moment, I was constantly rushing around trying to do everything in one day, then angry I had to do it again the following day. But now I do what's on the list, I don't worry about the rest as its scheduled in for the rest of the week. I find the house is constantly tidy, and I have more free time!

Our dog Abby that we've had for 8 years suddenly died. Very very sad!
We have though now been to the Animal Welfare League and adopted a German Shepherd x Siberian Husky named Jack, who is delightful!

My husband and father and their friends did 'sausage' weekend and made a lot of wonderful artisan produce! Italian cured sausages, and a range of other cured pork products!

Today we started harvesting our winter garden, we picked celery (finally we grew one bigger than 3 inches!), and beetroot! A month ago we got picked our green beans and the most delicious mandarins and oranges! My cabbages are almost ready and our stone fruit trees are full of buds... Spring is in the air! I love how gardening makes you more aware of the seasons. More in touch with creation. We also relaxed in the spa, had pizza and toasted marshmallow in the wood oven. A great day!

Also my mum bought me a prezzie - the women's weekly home baked cook book! Love it! I made jam drops tonight - delicious!

,

My yummy sandwich loaf

Booties!


Jack











Comments

Popular Posts