It's Spring!

Yippee! It's spring!

Wow how fast the year is going!
We have had some beautiful weather in Adelaide over the last week and you can tell the warm weather is motivating people, as every where you look people are in their gardens, walking, at the park etc - oh I love spring!

Today I also took advantage of the good weather and pruned our roses (a month late I know, but better late than never!). I've never pruned roses before, and didn't know where to start, but by the second bush I found that but cutting under the lowest 'V' / fork on each branch then that was just above each new bud. I'm not sure if that was right but a friend of ours took to their roses with a chain saw and they were fine so I think I'm okay! If any one has any tips please let me know!



Another thing that tells me spring is in the air is the blossoms  on our stone fruit trees...

Nectarine

Small apricot tree

Big apricot tree


Also in our front yard our mop top is getting lots of new growth ....


Mop top

The rest of the garden is doing well also, our winter vegetables are almost done and we've been digging in chicken manure in readiness for tomatoes!!!!


Orange






Comments

Popular Posts