Tea!

I never used to drink tea. When I worked (paid work that is!) I drank copious amounts of coffee! I mean you can't be rude, if a client had a coffee I would have a coffee! Needless to say on the weekends I was wired and jittery - coffee detox!

After I got pregnant though I didn't want to drink all that caffeine (and was too ill to drink anything to be honest, I had severe morning sickness with both pregnancies!) so I didnt! I completely detoxed from my coffee addiction and ever since (7 years now) can only drink one in the morning or i feel shaky and ill. I need and love that one and only coffee each morning or I cannot conduct a conversation, I like the ritual of it. I always remember my mum and dad getting up and having a coffee... It's tradition to me!

Anyway, in the afternoons I still felt like I needed a hot drink but not coffee. Then I discovered tea! Green tea, black tea, herbal tea! You name it I drank it! And I still do! I loooove tea!

But I have recently discovered something new -FRESH HERBAL TEA! I don't know why I hadn't come across it or thought about it before but I am ADDICTED! My choice is fresh mint and chocolate mint! Mmm .... I make a pot and happily sit and drink the entire thing! In fact I'm drinking it now!

I've heard that parsley is great for a woman's 'system' (haven't tried it yet). Or that basil and rosemary is delightful in winter! I'm excited by all the possibilities ( a little sad I know), but knowing that we grew these herbs and they now serve yet another purpose is a happy thought for me! Yet another way to sustain ourselves!

So do you drink fresh herbal teas? If so what combination do you like?




Comments

Popular Posts