Homemade Headache Balm

Headaches... Hmmmm! We all get them, and we usually pop something to feel better. BUT... What if that doesn't work? Tablets won't help if your headache is because you are tired!

So...what to do?

ESSENTIAL OILS!

*NOTE: I'm not a doctor, nor do I claim to be one. With all medical treatments consult your GP first. Also not all essential oils are safe during pregnancy so please check with your health care professional.

Here is what I do at the first signs of a headache;

I drink lots of water. Have a little nap (if I can squeeze one in). And get outside and 'earth' myself - bare feet on the grass, taking in deep breaths of fresh air! Then....

Headache balm! I rub this balm onto my temples, a dab under my nose, and on my wrists. And it really does help. But what oils to use?

Lavender - great for headaches, and relieving tension, helping relieve stress, and muscle aches.
Peppermint - great for headaches and nausea!

RECIPE FOR HEADACHE BALM

Ingredients:
1 part pure beeswax
2 parts virgin organic coconut oil
And a few drops of both lavender and peppermint oils.

Method:
Combined all ingredients and melt gently over a low heat.
Put into clean, sterilised jars.
Leave to 'set'.

-keep away from eyes.





Comments

Popular Posts