The Nicest Letter

We received the nicest letter this week! It took us completely by surprise and absolutely made our day!

We started this blog originally as an online diary. To keep track of what we were planting each month. So we could remember what grew well and what didn't, and to keep a note of other things we learnt along the way.

Soon after, we received a few comments - our first thought was - other people can see this! Haha! But we were happy for it to be public and for people to learn along the way. What we didn't realise was how many people this would inspire to start their own gardens! Friends and family now have extensive kitchen gardens and others have said that reading our blog makes them happy, as there is nothing negative. It really is wonderful to hear from you all!

This brings me to this beautiful letter - I have the permission from her to share it with you :

"I just wanted to say thank you. 

End of last year I found your blog and this page and was inspired that my idea and dream on our 600mt suburban block could work from your photos and yard set up. We now we are well on our way with loads of fruit trees and our garden beds went in about 9 weeks ago so wanted to share a pic of the garden beds with you. Plus we have just put up a little chicken coop so we can get a few girls. I have even started a page like yours on Facebook called homesteading at Carling Cottage. 

Loving the new works on your new place to.

So again Thank you."


Isn't that the nicest thing you have read! It honestly makes us feel so good to know that others are having the same joy we are from gardening! 

So be sure to head over to Homesteading at Carling Cottage on Facebook and follow them on their journey! They are very busy and have lots of great photos to share and too inspire you too! 

Enjoy! 











Comments

  1. Aaww that is lovely. Made me wonder why I have taken up more gardening, and took over your dad's abandoned veggie patch. I think you inspired me too. Thankyou. Your mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww that is lovely. Made me wonder why I have taken up more gardening, and took over your dad's abandoned veggie patch. I think you inspired me too. Thankyou. Your mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts