Scones



Ingredients:

440grams SR flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
Pinch of salt
60grams of butter
380grams of butter milk

Method: I do this in my Thermomix but it can easily be adapted to be done in mixer or by hand.

Combine flour, sugar, butter and salt and mix for 5 seconds speed 8 or till mixture resembles bread crumbs.

Add buttermilk (I use normal milk with one tablespoon of vinegar added 5 minutes before use- this thickens the milk slightly) mix for 5 seconds speed 5. Then set to close lid position and on interval speed knead for 20seconds.

Roll onto floured board. And cut into desired shapes. Note this is a VERY sticky dough and a little tricky to work with, but the soft springy light scones are well worth the effort!

Cook at 220degrees Celsius for 15 mins.

Serve with homemade jam and whipped cream!

Variation: I also knead sultanas in before cutting.


I ate them with homemade peach jam that was gifted to me by a very dear friend and a cup of tea! Perfect afternoon I say! 

Comments

Popular Posts