Apricot Jam

Ingredients:
Apricots
Sugar
Lemon juice

Method:
Per 1 cup of apricots, add 3/4 cup of white sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Cook in saucepan on high heat for 20-30 minutes stirring the whole time! Do not walk away from your jam!!! Yes your there for a long time, but enjoy it - I love watching the fruit break down and  change colour and fill the house with the most delightful smell!





I did my jam in the Thermomix on 100 degrees, speed one for 20-30 minutes. As it stirs and cooks for you, I made dinner while it was cooking!


If I have time I put the sugar on the apricots for 30 minutes before starting the jam, as this starts to draw the water from the fruit.

To test your jam is ready, get a spoon and dip it into the jam, as it drips off it should get slower with the last drop stretching as it drips.

Pour your jam into sterilised jars, put the lids on and turn upside down.


After 15 minutes turn the jars up the correct way again, and wait for them to cool. As they cool the 'buttons' on the lids will be drawn in, letting you know you have a good seal. 


Last thing to do is enjoy! Yum!! 




Comments

  1. Yum my favourite jam of all! Great tip about tipping the jars upside down, I will try and remember to do that next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts