Knitted Baby Booties

I am new to knitting, but I love it! I love that I can turn a ball of wool into something useful!
I taught myself to knit on you tube - 'good knit kisses' are the videos I watched. Fantastic, easy and informative!

We have 2 babies due into the family very soon (not mine haha) and so I've been madly knitting booties. I've adjusted the pattern. It's super easy. I'm currently using baby wool and 5mm needles, these make a new born size. Use thicker wool and larger needles for toddler size.

Pattern:

Foot:
Cast on 28 stitches
Knit 10 rows
Row 11- knit 12 stitches, knit 2 together TWICE, knit 12 stitches
Row 12 - knit across
Row 13 - knit 11 stitches, knit 2 together TWICE, knit 11 stitches
Row 14 - knit across
Row 15 - knit 10 stitches, knit 2 together TWICE, knit 10 stitches
Row 16 - knit across

For ribbing:
Knit 9 rows alternating knit and purl stitches -
Cast off on the 10th row.

Fold in half and sew together (leaving top open for tootsie to get in!)

I've put buttons on the sides of mine, or left them plain, but it's up to you - add some ribbon or change colours for the ribbing. Happy knitting!




Comments

Popular Posts