New Cleaning Schedule

I've posted my cleaning schedule before, but I've made a few changes.

Instead of doing certain tasks on certain days, I now concentrate on certain rooms/areas on certain days.

This is so I can give each room more of a deep clean.

I also have tasks that I do every single day.

Granted, because I'm a little out of whack with my last cleaning schedule, this first week of the new one will be like a BIG spring clean! But that's a good thing!

I like having a cleaning schedule, because otherwise each day I feel as if I need to do the whole house - then I end up just doing the basics in each room. Never getting that really cleaned look or feel.

Also concentrating on just one room or area each day I find my cleaning is done quicker and I can relax the rest of the day!

I find that doing each job properly, each week helps too, then if there is a week where you are ill or have to miss a day - your home will not go to ruin!

Below is a copy of my new cleaning schedule....let me know what you think! Do you have a cleaning schedule?

Cleaning schedule -

Daily -

Vacuum as needed
Spot mop as needed
Dishes
Wipe bench tops
Make beds
Washing as needed
Feed chickens
Feed dog
Check plants
Tidy clothes drawers as needed

- clean windows fortnightly in & out


Monday -Clean bedrooms

Wash linen
Dust cupboards
Dust blinds
Tidy and organise
Vacuum
Wipe down doors and architraves

Tuesday - Bathrooms & Laundry

Scrub grout (vinegar or bleach)
Clean tiles & shower screens (tub and tile)
Clean mirrors
Clean sinks
Clean bath
Tidy cupboards in and out
Clean toilet
Wipe down doors and architraves
Dust
Mop

Wednesday - Kitchen & Ironing

Clean bench tops
Clean stove top
Wipe down cupboards
Clean inside fridge
Clean and tidy pantry
Wipe down appliances
Tidy tupperware cupboard
Clean oven
Clean microwave
Ironing

Thursday - Lounge, Family & Dining Rooms and Office

Tidy and organise
Dust
Vacuum
Mop tiled areas
(Once a month polish furniture and leather)
Check bills to be paid & post any mail


Friday - Outside

Wipe down table
Tidy and organise
Sweep pavers
Sweep front porch




Comments

  1. Sounds good to me!

    I am terrible at keeping to a schedule/routine. I don't know how many times I have tried to get into one, only to fall by the wayside after the first week. I was not born an organised person, although I would very much like to be :)

    The schedule always looks good on paper doesn't it? And when a job (or several) gets ticked off it feels great :)

    Happy cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tania!

      I love using a cleaning schedule, otherwise in feel as if I get nothing done. I like to plan my day out - although it doesn't always go to plan!

      :)


      Delete
  2. I learnt something yesterday from your sister. Sometimes 1 load of washing a day is not enough. Alright for me to give advise you and your siblings grew up and left home. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learnt something yesterday from your sister. Sometimes 1 load of washing a day is not enough. Alright for me to give advise you and your siblings grew up and left home. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts