Jars! Jars! Jars!

It's no secret that I love preserving! If it can be bottled - I will do it!

But I'm starting to run out of jars, and with summer approaching I was on the hunt for more! Luckily I have a husband with a nose like a beagle....and he found the jackpot!

Yesterday we went for a lovely drive, and met a darling couple who were too old to use their preserving kit and bottles anymore - after lots of lively conversation (he said I reminded him of his mother - he's 91- I was tickled pink, because he said the way I spoke reminded him of how things used to be!)

We came away with 203 bottles of all shapes and sizes, and a water bath. My favourite jar being a dark brown one that I have not seen before - I'm going to use this one as a vase inside.

I am so excited for summer to come and for the many happy preserving days ahead!





Comments

Popular Posts