Creamy Beans Recipe



I love dishes with a sauce, and if it has cream - then I'm in! I came up with this recipe a little while ago and I love it with roasted sweet potato and home roasted chicken with thyme, lemon and onion. To be honest I would make that meal once a week because I love it so much!

These creamy beans are a great side dish - or even on top of a roasted potato!

I cooked this for guests for the first time the other week and every one loved them! So I though I would share the recipe with you all!

Ingredients:

1 brown onion, sliced thinly
1/2 large red capsicum sliced thinly
1 1/2 cups of green beans (I use the frozen ones)
1 cup cream
1 to 2 tablespoons of either Parmesan or grated cheese
1 flat teaspoon of Thermomix vegetable stock (you can leave this out or substitute with some powdered stock)
Salt and pepper to taste (I like quite a bit of pepper!)

Method:


With a little bit of olive oil add the onion, capsicum and green beans, and sweat down on a very low heat - till soft. 


Add the rest of the ingredients and on a medium to low heat simmer for a few minutes. 

The cheese will thicken the sauce and make it creamy and delicious! 

This can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge and then reheated when needed. 

We hope you enjoy! 


Comments

Popular Posts