How To Organise Your Linen Cupboard

Okay firstly let me start out by saying that organising your linen press is not the most exciting of posts- I know!

But if you read my blog you would have already seen my cleaning schedule and from that you may have guessed that I'm a 'lists' kinda gal!

For those that know me personally - you would know that I'm not always organised, and sometimes I am happy with the organised chaos that comes with life.

To help me keep a clean and tidy home though, there are a few things that I do not budge on. One being my linen cupboard. I find that because we are a family, and I cook a lot - it gets A LOT of use! I'm in and out of there all day, new towels, tea towels, dish cloths, cloths to wipe up spills, changing linen, face washers and aprons....oh the list goes on.

So I like to be VERY organised so I can grab and go. I think that organising your linen cupboard is one of those things that doesn't take much time to organise, but saves soooo much time during the day. Let's face it we've all had the linen cupboard moments when you open it and your shoving it all back in whilst digging around just trying to find a tea towel!

So we are getting personal today - I'm going to show you MY linen cupboard!!!!

Firstly though I'll tell you what I do to keep it tidy and organised:

1) organise your cupboard so the things you need the most are at eye and chest hight. For example I have my bedding and beach towels in the bottom shelves as I do not need these things every day. And things like tea towels, dish cloths and face washers are at the top.

2) always puts things away with the folded edge showing. I find this looks much neater and you can see things individually. I guarantee you will not pull out 3 tea towels at once again!

3) when putting freshly cleaned linen away - put it at the bottom of the pile. This ensures that everything is getting equal wear. This tip will save you money as your linen will last longer!

So here you have it folks. My linen cupboard!






Let me know if you have any tips on keeping your linen cupboard organised.

Comments

Popular Posts