Sweet Chilli Sauce

This recipe is one of my favourites and a big hit with family and friends - the jars seem to grow legs and disappear from my pantry!

Over the chilli growing season I pick, wash, dry and freeze them, until I have enough for a batch for two of this delicious sauce!

So here it is my sweet chilli sauce recipe -

Ingredients:

500g fresh red chillies
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 cups white vinegar
3 cups caster sugar

Method:

Halve 100g of the chillies and place in the bowl of a food processor.
Halve and deseed the remaining chillies.
Coarsely chop in the food processor.
Add garlic and 1 cup of white vinegar. Process until finely chopped.
Place the chilli mixture, remaining vinegar and caster sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35-40 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Pour into sterilised bottles and seal.




Comments

  1. Wow. I have just planted Chili seeds. I'll have to wait for them to mature into plants, grow fruit, then harvest and make sweet Chili sauce! So maybe 6 months! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts